Your guide to Alpine Holiday 2021
Visit www.columbuscatholicschools.org for a detailed listing of events. All events are held at Columbus Catholic High/Middle School at 710 S. Columbus Avenue in Marshfield.
Food & Drink
- Friday Fish Fry – Nov. 12, 4-7 p.m.
- Saturday Pancake Brunch – Nov. 13, 8-11 a.m.
- Saturday Pulled Pork Dinner – Nov. 13, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Food Truck Sunday – Nov. 14, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
This year we kick off our dining opportunities with our annual Friday Fish Fry. This event has been an Alpine Holiday staple for many years. Menu includes lightly battered deep-fried cod or broiled cod, choice of potato including homemade German Potato Salad, coleslaw, dinner roll, and a drink. There’s one-, two-, and three-piece meals and a kid’s meal. We’ve also booked a polka band to perform at this time, so be sure to join both for a truly “Wisconsin” experience.
Our Saturday Pancake Brunch helps to kick off our Saturday activities… and be sure to join us for our first-ever Pulled Pork Sandwich Dinner Saturday evening. This dinner consists of sandwiches made from delicious smoked pork shoulders, coleslaw, chips and homemade bacon mac and cheese from the smoker too. And of course, we will have our Snowflake Café available all weekend, along with the Dessert Cart, Coffee Shop, and Beer Garden.
Food Truck Sunday will feature food trucks lining Columbus Avenue in front of the high/middle school entrance, and the cafeteria will be open for indoor dining. Stop by after church and feed the family before heading home. Food trucks include: Baka Chicken, The Brunchbox, Cindy’s Spuds, EveryTHANG Tacos, Horsin’ Around Ice Cream, The Muffin Top, Smokehouse BBQ, and Stone Press. The Dessert Cart will also be providing delicious finger foods as well.
Entertainment & Things to Do
- j. bell & the Lazy Susan Band Acoustic Trio – Nov. 12, 4-6 p.m.
- Richie Yurkovich & Polkarioty – Nov. 12, 6-8 p.m.
- Spicy Tie Band – Nov. 12, 8:30-11:30 p.m.
- Ugly Sweater Fun Run / Walk – Nov. 13, 8:45 a.m.
- Curtis Samuel Performance – Nov. 13, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Charlie Berens – Nov.13-14, sold out
Begin the weekend with the j. bell & The Lazy Susan Band Acoustic Trio, which will be providing American rock; with Richie Yurkovich & Polkarioty on deck. Spectators can grab a bite at the Friday Fish Fry or Snowflake Café and join the Beer Garden while enjoying the performances. Then, get ready to rock to the Spicy Tie Band for the rest of the evening.
Begin your Saturday with our Ugly Sweater 5k Fun Run/Walk… theCoffee Shop will be open serving coffee and donuts, and you will receive a ticket to our Saturday Pancake Brunch and a free pair of gloves. There will be a Kid’s Run and medals awarded for the top three male and female participants.
All throughout the day, the event will feature live performances from local organizations, such as: the Main Street Conservatory of Dance (including a Nutcracker Preview), Reis Martial Arts, Magician Anthony, the CCHS Jazz Band, and the Columbus Lip Sync Competition. Saturday’s entertainment will include a performance from Curtis Samuel providing acoustic rock, pop and country music.
- Book Store – Nov. 12, 4-8 p.m.; Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Craft Boutique & Man Cave – Nov. 12, 4-8 p.m.; Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- SpiritWear – Nov. 12, 4-8 p.m.; Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Silent Auction – Nov. 12, 4-10 p.m.; Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Craft Boutique has over 40 vendors to choose from: from homemade soaps and mittens; to ceramics and photography. New this year is the Man Cave – a section of Craft Boutique that the men will like.
While browsing the variety of crafts, be sure to stop by the Book Store and SpiritWear. And don’t forget to browse the items in the Silent Auction, which includes an autographed Jaire Alexander jersey, cooler and swag from Gross Motors; four tickets to a Notre Dame football game donated by David Green; and a Ski City “Shotski,” Cotopaxi Backpack, two night stay at the Hyatt Place in Salt Lake City and (2) two-day Ski Super Passes.
- Kiddie Games – Nov. 12, 4-8 p.m.; Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Kid’s Raffle Table – Nov. 12, 4-10 p.m.; Nov. 13, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ugly Sweater Kid’s Fun Run – Nov. 13 at 8:45 a.m.
- Fancy Faces Face Painting – Nov. 13, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Kiddie Crafts – Nov. 13, 10 a.m. – noon
The 24 Days of Christmas Calendar Raffle
This year’s Grand Prize will be $10,000 cash awarded on Nov. 13, 2021, at 7:30 p.m. just before the Charlie Berens performance. Then, there are 23 more chances to win gift certificates and cash from Nov. 14 – Dec. 17, 2021. Every winner gets his/her ticket put back into the drawing; only 3,000 tickets have been printed.