Open Letter: From the Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library
Dear Marshfield families and educators,
|The Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library continues to provide excellent library service during the current COVID-19 pandemic, while also working toward keeping our community safe.We do so by following CDC, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and Wood County Health Department guidelines and recommendations. These recommendations have resulted in changes to how we offer library services.
As we enter the 2020-21 school year, it is important for you to consider other arrangements if you have depended on the library as a location for your child to spend time after school, before going home, or waiting for a ride. During a typical school year, the library has over 40 students in the library between 3-6 p.m. We are not able to accommodate that this fall due to safety guidelines.
Please keep in mind that:
· We will continue to be closed from noon-1 p.m. and 4-5 p.m. for cleaning.
· We have a limit of 40 patrons at a time in the library due to reduced capacity guidelines.
· Meeting rooms are closed to the public at this time.
· Seating has been reduced to ensure social distancing.
· Masks are required except for those with medical issues preventing their use.
· Computer time is limited to 90 minutes per day.
· Children under eight years of age need to be accompanied by an adult.
Despite these limitations, we are happy to share that we still have many library services available to assist you during the school year:
· We can provide you with a list of book recommendations customized for your child or teen. Just contact Youth Services and receive an emailed list via our staff.
· We have digital editions of books, audiobooks, music, movies and graphic novels via Hoopla and Overdrive/Libby. Contact our information desks for more information.
· We will continue our virtual programs in fall, including virtual storytimes and videos of craft and DIY game ideas. We’ll offer more “Grab N Go” kits to pick up at the library for children, tweens and teens. Follow us on Facebook for updates.
· Mobile printing is available which enables you to send homework from your home computer or cell phone to our printer. Print jobs are released after payment at our circulation desk.
· Reference service is available in-person, by phone, or via email. 715-387-8495 or [email protected]
· We will continue to offer our curbside pickup service for books, CDs, and DVDs. Items can be requested by calling 715-387-8494 or by placing a hold via the library catalog at www.marshfieldlibrary.org.
We look forward to seeing you soon and thank you for your understanding and support. If you have questions or comments you can reach us at [email protected] 715-387-8494.
Jill L. Porter
Everett Roehl Marshfield Public Library Director