Main Street Shop Local, Love Local campaign supports local small businesses
For Hub City Times
MARSHFIELD – Main Street Marshfield is introducing “Shop Local. Love Local” – a fundraiser and shopping movement in support of our local businesses.
Main Street Marshfield is offering locally-designed shirts and lawn signs to raise money for local small business development. Each sign features a message encouraging support for small businesses while “acknowledging the sacrifices being made for our safety.”
From the proceeds, 75 percent of the income from this fundraiser will be used to provide services to local businesses impacted by COVID-19. The other 25 percent will be invested in Main Street Marshfield’s nonprofit mission to strengthen and energize historic Downtown Marshfield.
“Marshfield small businesses rally to support our community’s initiatives – charities, schools, clubs; they show up for us,” said Main Street Marshfield Executive Director Kaelie Gomez.
“Now we have the privilege of showing up for them. We hope to see signs in businesses, in lawns, and shirts on social media tagged @mainstreetmarshfield on Instagram and Facebook. It’s a visual reminder to show we appreciate them and will continue to support them.”
Gomez offers the following way to support our local businesses: “share a link to our shop website on social media, share a link to our shop website in your office newsletter, share a link to our shop website in your customer newsletter, tell a friend.”
For more information, visit mainstreetmarshfield.com.