Cedar Rail Court evacuated
By Hub City Times staff
MARSHFIELD – Marshfield’s Cedar Rail Court was evacuated late Feb. 15 after a reported household chemical spill.
Marshfield Fire & Rescue responded to the facility at 601 S. Cedar, Marshfield, and found an acidic odor coming from a first floor apartment.
All residents were evacuated and taken to a nearby facility owned by the same company as Cedar Rail.
Further investigation found that an acetone-based household product had been spilled and attempts were made to clean the spill using bleach, causing a chemical reaction.
Two residents and two safety officials were sent to the hospital. All four were later released.
The facility was cleared by early Saturday morning and residents returned to their apartments.