Reuben Eby Kulp
Reuben Eby Kulp was born on June 13, 1943 in New Paris, Indiana and died at Marshfield Medical Center Marshfield, Wisconsin at 2:16 p.m. on July 20, 2018. He was the son of Amanda Brubacher Eby and Manasseh Brubacher Kulp.
He grew up on a farm in New Paris, Indiana and he married the love of his life, Oleta Pauline Miller on January 5, 1964 in the farmhouse across the road from his family’s farm where all five of us have our earliest memories.
Dad had various jobs in addition to cash crop farming, including driving truck and excavating. In January 1979, he felt an irresistible urge to own a dairy farm in Wisconsin, and he purchased one 2.5 miles east of Stratford, Wisconsin. Dad even named a road on that farm Pauline Lane, where his loving wife, our Mom, still lives.
Dad was a hard worker all his life, right up to the very end, driven by a desire to provide for his family. He was a creative, innovative problem solver, and often was the first to embrace new technology and ways of making his life and the lives of those around him more enjoyable.
There are a lot of things that could be said in this tribute about places Dad worked and things that he did, the people he helped and inspired, but we know that he would want us to share his true source of joy. He had a desire that others come to trust God and put their faith in his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
His great legacy and the grandest work of his life is the investment into his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Because of that, we are listing his 5 children, 28 grandchildren, and 11 great-grandchildren.
- John and Twila (Overholt) Kulp of Mosinee, WI with their children Darren and Brooke (Jacobsen) and their son Graham; John Weston and Rebecca (Wetzel); Natasha and Adrian.
- Robert and Laura (Martin) Kulp of Stratford, WI with their children Jarita (Samuel) Bavido and their daughters Lórien and Thaís; Raquel (Benjamin) Beaty and their children Brock, Lauren, Briana, and Cassidy; Camara (Matthew) Fedoriw and their son Emmett; Robert Isaac (Sarah Feig); Aliya (Zachary) Thunder and their children Jael and Hosea; Anthony and Tikvah.
- Michael and Reyna (Weaver) of Stratford, WI with their children Michael Cameron and Alayne (Marcis); LaReina, Dylan, Kaitlyn, Queena, Jade, and Jacinto.
- Margaret (Mark) Troyer of Maricopa, AZ with their children Sara, Nicole, Austin, and Camille.
- Marjorie (Mark) Weaver of Stratford, WI with their children Cheryl, Kenton and Renita (Yoder) and their son Kyler; Stephanie, Brandon, Jordan, and Jenita.
He is survived by siblings Rachel (Isaac) Newswanger of Kutztown, PA, Mary Ann (David) Newswanger of Fortuna, MO, and Lydia (Christian) Weaver of Goshen, IN.
He was preceded in death by his parents and his siblings, Paul (Hannah Rhodes) Kulp of Mt Hermon, KY, Isaac (Florence Horst) Kulp of Elkhart, IN, Lena (William) Kilmer of Russellville, MO, Titus Kulp (stillborn), and Cyrus (Edna High) Kulp of Penn Yan, NY, as well as a great-grandson, Sojourner Bavido.
Friends may greet the family from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at St John’s Lutheran Church at 3750 State Hwy 13, north of Spencer, Wisconsin on Sunday, July 22, 2018. A private committal service for family will be held before the memorial service which will be held at 10:30 a.m., on Monday, July 23, 2018, at St John’s Lutheran Church. In lieu of flowers, donations in memory of Reuben Kulp may be made to Christian Witness Mission, 17494 County Road 48, New Paris, Indiana 46553
His arrangements are under the care of Life Tributes Funeral Home, Spencer.
(Written and submitted by the children of Reuben and Pauline Kulp)