Clark County has new YP group
For Hub City Times
CLARK COUNTY – Clark County has a new Young Professionals (YP) group. The YP were formed under the guidance of the Clark County Economic Development Corporation and Tourism Bureau (CCEDC), when Executive Director Sheila Nyberg got the ball rolling.
“Clark County Economic Development Corporation & Tourism Bureau saw a growing population of young professionals returning to our county as alumni, some taking over as next generation in their family business and the many new young folks that are gravitating to our county for careers,” said Nyberg. “As we saw business leaders retiring and young folks taking their place we recognized the importance of gathering our young people together to help us focus on their future here in Clark”
“Our hope is to be a resource for the young people of Clark County,” said Riley Hebert, a founding member of the group. “We hope to connect them to various resources in the county.”
Clark County Young Professionals not only hopes to be a resource for county young professionals, but also a way for them to network and have fun. Current YP meetings include:
- April 5, at Cindy’s Bar, Thorp, at 6:30 p.m., with a guest speaker from the Thorp Area Chamber of Commerce
- April 7, at the Owen-Withee Area Community Expo from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- April 19, Central Wisconsin Broadcasting tour in Neillsville at 6 p.m., with a 7 p.m. supper at Fannie’s Supper Club
- April 20, YP Week in Green Bay
- April 30, CCEDC Bureau’s Annual Meeting at the Loyal American Legion.
- May 3, Parkway Pines planning meeting.
- May 5, roll out event at Parkway Pines, Greenwood
For more information on these events or joining the Clark County YP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit them on Facebook or Twitter @clarkcountyyp, or contact the CCEDC at 715-255-9100 or email@example.com.