A few spots left in Marshfield Citizens Police Academy
Just a few spots remain in the Marshfield Police Department’s Citizens Police Academy program.
Classes are held on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-9 p.m. for seven consecutive weeks, starting April 11. Class size is limited to 15 adults.
The goals of the citizens police academy are:
- To provide citizens a working knowledge of law enforcement operations, including support staff.
- To strengthen law enforcement/community relations.
- To obtain valued feedback from the community through citizen participation.
- To increase citizen knowledge about police functions.
- To enhance employee’s instructor training skills.
The above objectives are met with the use of hands-on interactive experiences in areas such as:
- Crime scene investigations.
- SWAT tactics.
- Utilization of police department firearms at the police range.
- Parking and stray animal ordinance enforcement.
- Squad and rescue vehicle familiarity.
- Observe firsthand how the K-9 unit performs its duties.
- OWI arrest procedure.
- School Resource Officer and Police Auxiliary programs.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Peggy Lindner at 384-0800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.