Fire on Fifth causes property damage, no one hurt
By Adam Hocking
MARSHFIELD — A fire at 1701 W. Fifth St. caused $1,800 in property damage Friday around 11 p.m., but no one was hurt. The fire occurred in a garage that had been converted into a living space, according to Marshfield Fire Department Deputy Chief Craig DeGrand.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an “overloaded circuit,” and the damage occurred as a result of the fire department having to open up a wall behind an outlet to see if the fire had spread to that area.
DeGrand said the homeowner tried to extinguish the fire prior to the fire department arriving, and then firefighters arrived to help finish the fire off. The fire did not spread to attached house, DeGrand said.