Free tax preparation assistance available for some residents
Submitted by Marshfield Area United Way
MARSHFIELD — Those in need of assistance with preparing state and federal income taxes and/or their homestead credit can access free tax preparation starting this February.
Individuals with a gross annual income under $58,000 will have access to these services with special attention to those 60 and older. The tax preparation assistance program is aimed to help low- to moderate-income taxpayers have more discretionary funds for everyday essentials such as food and housing.
The individuals helping with tax preparations are trained volunteers.
Tax preparation assistance is offered by appointment only. Appointments will be available Mondays from 12-6 p.m. and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. from Feb. 16 – April 13.
To schedule an appointment, please call Marshfield Area United Way at 715-384-9992. Tax preparation appointments will be held in the back of the United Way office, 106 W. First St. in Marshfield.
On the day of your scheduled appointment, please bring the following items:
- A picture ID and Social Security Card
- Copy of last year’s Homestead Credit and/or federal and state income tax forms
- Any medical/dental insurance premiums paid during past year
- Any W-2s related to employment
- All 1099s related to interest, dividends, or pension/retirement
- SSA-1099 Social Security benefit statement
- Property tax bill or rent certificate
- Any 1095-As, Affordable Care Act purchases/exemptions