Weekly Police Blotter
Wednesday, Dec. 3
- At 8:03 a.m. a Marshfield Clinic employee reported receiving a threatening letter via interoffice mail and requested extra police patrol. There are no suspects at this time.
- Police responded at 6:06 p.m. to a traffic accident near the intersection of North Lincoln Avenue and West Ives Street. Because of the odor of intoxicant and slurred speech from one of the drivers involved, a 37-year-old Marshfield man, police gave the man field sobriety tests. From the tests police determined the man was under the influence of an intoxicant and placed him under arrest for Operating While Intoxicated (OWI). The man was searched and then transferred to the Emergency Room for a blood draw. From the ER the man was transported to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then released to a responsible party. Police issued the man a citation for OWI, first offense, with a passenger less than 16 years old.
- At 11:56 a.m. a 24-year-old Chili woman came into the Marshfield Police Department to report her that jacket had been stolen on Nov. 28. The woman had been at an establishment on the 800 block of S. Central Ave. when her jacket was taken. The woman went back to the establishment on a different day and saw security footage of a 22-year-old male who had taken the jacket. The woman gave police a picture of the man and his name. Follow-up will continue.
Thursday, Dec. 4
- Police arrested a man on a valid Wood County warrant. Police transported him to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to the Wood County Jail after he was unable to post bond.
- Police responded at 8:13 p.m. to a report of telephone abuse – obscene. A 26-year-old Marshfield woman reported that she received a single picture of a 36-year-old Greenwood male’s genitalia on Nov. 24. Police contacted the man and informed him that he would receive a citation if he contacts the woman in the future.
Friday, Dec. 5
- Police performed a death investigation at 5:59 p.m. at an apartment building on the 300 block of W. Kalsched St. The apartment building’s assistant manager reported that he had checked on a tenant that had not been heard from in several days and that he found the 62-year-old Marshfield man deceased inside the apartment. A Wood County coroner assisted with the investigation. Rembs Funeral Home was contacted as well.
Saturday, Dec. 6
- Police arrested a 27-year-old Marshfield man on the 900 block of S. Ash Ave. for a valid DOC warrant. The man was brought to the Marshfield Police Department, where booking procedures were completed, and then to the Wood County Jail.
- Police responded at 10:52 p.m. to a 40-year-old Marshfield woman reporting that she had been bitten by a dog. The woman had her dog on a leash on her property on the 300 block of N. Oak Ave., and a neighbor dog came after her dog and bit her dog on the leg. When the woman separated the dogs, one of them bit her left hand, causing several puncture wounds. The woman was unsure which dog bit her. Both dogs were ordered to be quarantined. The woman’s dog had current rabies vaccination paperwork, and the neighbor dog did not. The owner of the neighbor dog is a 25-year-old Marshfield man.
- At 6:33 p.m. a 45-year-old Niagra, Wis., man requested that police perform a welfare check on his children that he had not seen in approximately a year. The man did not have any specific concerns about the children’s welfare. The man’s ex-wife has a restraining order against him from Dickerson County, Mich. Wood County Dispatch contacted Dickerson County and was advised that a supervised visitation could be arranged through their county. The man was advised to contact Dickerson County to arrange a visit. Police contacted the ex-wife, who confirmed that the children were with her and provided contact information for a visitation. Police were unable to leave a message for the man and update him on the contact information.
- Police responded at 10:05 p.m. to a child custody dispute on the 2200 block of S. Maple Ave. A 26-year-old Marshfield man reported that his ex-girlfriend, a 25-year-old Marshfield woman, arrived at his residence unannounced to pick up their child in common. The man did not answer the door because she currently has a temporary restraining order against him, and the woman left. Police contacted the woman. She stated that it was her week to have the child but was unavailable to pick the child up from school on this day. The man had picked the child up and cared for the child as he was sick. The man stated he would care for the child through the weekend since he had custody the following week. Police advised the woman to address any further issues with custody in family court.
- Police arrested a 27-year-old Marshfield man at 1:55 p.m. for Possession of Stolen Property when he was found in possession of a stolen bicycle. Police transported the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and later released him after he met the bond screening. Charges will be sought on the man for Theft through the Wood County District Attorney’s office. The bicycle was returned to its owner, who reported that no damage had been done to the bicycle.
Sunday, Dec. 7
- Police responded at 2:42 p.m. to a report of criminal damage to an automobile parked on the 600 block of N. St Joseph Ave. The offender(s) had used an unknown instrument to scratch the car of a 46-year-old Marshfield woman. The scratches go down the driver’s door, along the passenger door, and appear to penetrate down to the metal. There are no suspects. The woman provided license plate numbers of vehicles that were parked next to hers and notified security to review surveillance camera footage. Officers took photos of damage for the case file and instructed the woman to provide them an estimate of damage when she receives it. The investigation will continue.
- Police responded at 8:28 a.m. to a report that a Marshfield man had made suicidal statements in several text messages to his wife. Police made contact with the man, and he admitted to sending the messages. Police contacted Crisis Intervention, and they approved an emergency detention. The man was medically cleared at St. Joseph’s Hospital, then transported to Norwood, and turned over to staff.
- Charges for Disorderly Conduct – Domestic Abuse and Intimidation of Victim are being requested against a 29-year-old Marshfield man. The man had made threatening statements and pushed a 28-year-old Wisconsin Rapids woman during a verbal argument, causing her to fear for her safety. The man and woman have a child in common.
Monday, Dec. 8
- Police performed a death investigation at 2:28 p.m. for a 60-year-old Marshfield woman who died at her residence on the 1600 block of N. Fig Ave. The Wood County Deputy Coroner assisted with the investigation, and Cremation Society of Wisconsin out of Eau Claire was also contacted.
Tuesday, Dec. 9
- Police took a 33-year-old Marshfield man into custody at 4:08 p.m. on a valid Department of Corrections hold. The man was transported to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to the Wood County Jail.
- Police took a 26-year-old Wisconsin Rapids man into custody at 8:59 p.m. on the 600 block of S. Walnut Ave. on a valid Wood County warrant. Officers transported the man to the Marshfield Police Department, where booking procedures were completed. After the man was unable to post the required bond of $1,060, police transported him to the Wood County Jail.