Weekly Police Blotter
Tuesday, Sept. 16
- At 8:58 a.m. a 68-year-old Marshfield man reported that an unknown suspect entered his shop on the 2400 block of S. Hume Ave. and stole over $1400 worth of scrap items. There were no signs of forced entry, and there are no definitive suspects. Police will contact local scrap/recycling companies to see if anyone sold items consistent with what was stolen.
Thursday, Sept. 18
- Marshfield Police assisted the Wisconsin Rapids Police Department by arresting a 29-year-old Wisconsin Rapids woman for a bond violation. Marshfield Police found the woman at St. Joseph’s Hospital, arrested her, and transported her to Pittsville where they could transfer her to Wisconsin Rapids Police.
- A 30-year-old Marshfield man reported at 9:22 a.m. that he had been a victim of identity theft. There were transactions worth $333.80 on his bank debit card that the man did not make. His bank had contacted him about the transactions. The bank cancelled his card and credited the money back into his account. The case will be referred to the detective bureau for further investigation.
- Police arrested a man on the 600 block of W. Blodgett St. for seven valid Clark County warrants. Police brought the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then transported him to the Wood/Clark County line to turn him over to a Clark County Deputy after he was unable to post the required bond.
Friday, Sept. 19
- At 3:08 p.m. a 29-year-old Marshfield man reported that his soon to be ex-wife, a 36-year-old Arpin woman, continually called and texted him, and he wanted it to stop. Police contacted the woman and warned her to not make further contact with the man.
- Following a traffic stop on the 100 block of W. Ninth St. at 10:15 p.m., police took a 25-year-old Stratford male into custody for possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a probation violation. Police transported the male to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then to Wood County Jail where they released him to staff. Charges are being requested through the Wood County District Attorney’s Office.
- At 4:24 p.m. a 21-year-old Marshfield woman reported that her husband became physical with her during a verbal argument. She was transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital to be checked out, and she did not have any injuries or marks on her. Police contacted the husband, and he denied anything physical happened. The case will be forwarded to the Wood County District Attorney’s Office for their review.
Saturday, Sept. 20
- Police responded at 2:37 a.m. to a fight on the 100 block of W. Fifth St. Officers arrested a 22-year-old Granton male for Battery and Disorderly Conduct. The male was booked and released from the Marshfield Police Department to a responsible party. Charges are being referred to the district attorney.
- Police responded at 5:57 a.m. to a report of a possible intoxicated woman that was unconscious on the side of the road on the 500 block of S. Cedar Ave. While investigating the complaint, a pit bull at large attacked the officers. A deputy from the Wood County Sheriff’s Department fired one round at the pit bull. The dog was treated and is in stable condition with survivable injuries. Officers will follow up with the owner to ensure adequate safety measures are implemented. No officers were injured during the attack.
- At 1:10 p.m. a 59-year-old Marshfield female was found deceased in her home on the 1200 block of S. Maple Ave. A Marshfield ambulance was dispatched to the scene, but EMTs could not revive the woman. Officers and the Wood County coroner investigated the death. The Hansen-Schilling Funeral Home removed the body.
- Police took a 30-year-old Auburndale man into custody on the 100 block of E. Ives St. at 11:32 p.m. for a valid Marathon County warrant. Police transported the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and released him after bond was posted.
- A 26-year-old Pittsville woman reported that she had forgotten her purse at a store on the 500 block of E. Ives St. and that when she returned to get the purse, it was gone. Police contacted the on-duty supervisor who said video footage would not be available until sometime during the work week. Further investigation is needed. There are no suspects.
- A 26-year-old Marshfield woman reported at 12:52 p.m. that she had received several strange text messages from her 30-year-old ex-boyfriend, with whom she has a daughter and against whom she has a harassment restraining order. The woman recently started having more contact with the man for the benefit of the daughter, but he started to display harassing behaviors that led her to attempt ceasing contact with him. The male was previously issued a stalking letter, and police determined they would re-issue him a copy of the letter. No further action was taken.
Monday, Sept. 22
- Police arrested a 31-year-old Marshfield man for Third Offense Retail Theft on the 1300 block of N. Central Ave. Officers transported him to the Marshfield Police Department for booking, and he was later released.
- Police arrested a 32-year-old Wausau man on the 600 block of Laurel Court for a valid Department of Corrections warrant. Police brought the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then transported him to the Wood County Jail.
Tuesday, Sept. 23
- Police responded at 8:23 p.m. to a report of a disturbance on the 1600 block of N. Chestnut Ave. A 23-year-old Marshfield male had ingested unknown narcotics and then started acting “strange, weird, and aggressive” toward his friends. The man continued yelling at them when they brought him to get help. The man did not need medical treatment. The man’s family was contacted, and he was released to their care.
- Police arrested a 34-year-old male for a probation violation and cited him for disorderly conduct. Police brought the man to the Marshfield Police Department for booking and then transported him to the Wood County Jail.
- Police issued a citation to a 23-year-old Marshfield woman for disorderly conduct that happened Saturday, Sept. 13 at 11:02 p.m. The woman approached a 55-year-old Marshfield man, accused him of sexually assaulting her, and then punched him twice with a closed fist. The man said that about two years ago he was questioned in regards to touching a female, who he believed was the woman that hit him on this occasion, but no charges were brought forth in that case. The woman said the 55-year-old touched her two years ago, and seeing him again made her angry. She denied making contact but stated she attempted to punch him. Along with the citation, police informed the woman that causing a disturbance in a public place and physically assaulting someone is not vindicated due to a past event.
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.